This year we invite two trainers from the UK based “Organising for Change” collective. We have a limited number of places available for activists from grassroots groups who are allies in our struggle against oppression and for social and ecological justice.
This training is for you if you…
- are active in a grassroots activist group or organisation
- believe in the importance of scaling up our activism and getting more people involved
- believe we should not just mobilise but organise our support base
- would like to join forces with LABO vzw to build a stronger intersectional movement to fight all forms of oppression and build a more just world
Could you tick several of the sentences above? Great! Then we would like to invite you to apply and to train with us.
Organising for Change’s bespoke three day training will:
- Teach what organising is, how it differs from mobilising, and why it is so important to build grassroots power using this approach
- Offer strategic organising tools, exploring how to practically build your base and power (including one to ones, the power of personal stories, community mapping etc)
- Create a space for our community of social change makers to reflect on and transform the culture and processes of your group or organisation
- Explore how to practically transition to this approach in a small organisation and apply learnings to your campaigns
– A three day residential training in Brussels (non-residential participation is possible if required)
– February 28 – March 1 // each day: 10am – 5:30pm
– Use the link to go to the application form. Please note that we will confirm your place shortly after applying.